Edworthy Park has absolutely gorgeous trails that give a sense of being totally out of the city, all the while being right in the centre of it.
Bordered by the Bow River and Sarcee Trail in the South West Community of Wildwood, Edworthy is a large activity diverse park.
Located along Bow Trail and Spruce Drive S.W. The park includes natural areas of Douglas Fir Trail and Lawrey Gardens.
The terrain is hilly in some areas but so well protected from the wind within the well treed trails.
This 169 hectares park was purchased by Thomas Edworthy in 1883.
The land was later purchased by the City of Calgary in 1962 for the development of a park.
Dog bins are found at the entrance to the park. Public washrooms are available during the warmer weather.